The Evenings Were High On Love...

 The evenings were high on Love and champagne

And the roses were redder than the distant sunset.

Your smile used to hold the moonlight within

And your skin used to feel softer than the dark velvety night.


I still remember...

The number of times I had tried to plunge deep into your eyes, 

Only to find myself lost within those mazes.

Deeper and deeper they went, 

Unending...unsettling...

Strewn with jewels in every nook and corner,

They seduced me into the depths from where there was no coming back.


With the violins humming the softest tunes

And those fairy lights creating the perfect canopy overhead,

Love overflowed...

As we danced, hand in hand.

Passion getting the better of us,

I twirl in ecstasy

Gliding like a ballerina on the glass floor,

Before falling back into your arms.


And you used to smile,

Enchanting me into oblivion.

Little did you know that,

In those ephemeral moments

I had found my eternity.....

Comments

  1. πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Within My Heart You Live...

Dear November...

Within the Grave.....