Within the Grave.....

 The grave lulled me to sleep in Her lap.

Settling over me with an unknown pain,

The wilted flowers and the sombre wind seemed heavy...

With the weight of the reminder that I was stranded,

That I would be forever left here, all alone

Far away from the world that I have always held close.

Here, in the darkness...

Where I could no longer feel the zephyr over my skin,

Where I could no longer look up at the stars,

Where nothing, but darkness, and more darkness engulfs me

I would stay.....

Till the last of my bones turn into dust.

Till I become a part of the Earth, that had created me.


And yet......I feel at peace.......

This claustrophobia seems sweeter like never before

This darkness seems brighter than the days that I had lived.

This cold damp place seems warmer than most homes I have been to.

Is this how death feels like???

Light.........painless........detached.......

Like the wind that floats over my grave...

Like the clouds beyond the horizon...???

Is this how a grave feels like????

Like a little home, at the end of a long, long road....

Or, a little rest, after an exhausted day,

When the body crumbles, and the eyes long to sleep???


What is then, the void within me??

Why do then, I cry????

What is there for me to long for....??

Like an old music, long lost and forgotten...

Like those unread poetry,

Left to suffocate within the yellow pages of an old diary

What is it, that tries to pull me out of my eternal slumber????

Whispering sweet nothings, that my beloved once did,

What is it, that pierces the soul that has left me a while ago......

The soul, that I had once had within this fragile body of mine??

This sleep is deep,

This sleep is peaceful....

Why is then, do I dream to sprout out of my grave,

And to be reborn again, full of Life, someday??

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Within My Heart You Live...

Dear November...