Someday, When I'ld Be A Granny...

 

Some day, when I'll be a granny

With silver hairs, and a golden smile

When wrinkles would sketch stories over my forehead

And my eyes would strain from behind my spects...

To peek into what tomorrow hides.

When I would stoop with the weight, that I have gracefully carried over my shoulders,

Through all these years.

And my legs would tremble with anticipation

As I would wake up to another new dawn.

When words would still visit me, yet, my fingers would refuse to write.

When my ink would dry, and my diary would be lost into oblivion.

When colours would seem all the same

And songs won't bring me tears, anymore.

 

I would still be that little girl,

Chasing butterflies.

The one who counts the stars, like they were all hers.

Dancing to the sound of the raindrops,

Like a teenager, in Love,

I'll still be that little girl

Wishing upon shooting stars.

Living in her world, where magic happens

And angels leave behind feathers, that grant wishes.

Creating castles of clouds,

I would still weave rainbows

From the faint dreams that my eyes would hold.

With Love gushing through my aged veins, like shots of cocaine,

I would still smile back at Life from the depths of my heart

And my dimples would still hold that ecstasy, like they always did.

 

Someday, when I would be an old soul,

Wildflowers would still adorn my greyed braids

Creating a myriad of colours in my worn out canvas.

I’ll still be that winter sun….

Faint.

Subtle.

Yet, radiating warmth through the golden veils of fog,

That hides the blushes of the shy young bride.

I would still be that zephyr, that creeps in through closed windows

Bringing in stories from beyond the horizon

And some incoherent nostalgia…

Some memories,

Some smiles.

Someday, when I would be a granny

With just a few more days at hand…

I would still live, like there was no tomorrow.

I would still live, like, “I hate regrets”…

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Within My Heart You Live...

Dear November...

Within the Grave.....