Chasing The Horizon, I Ran...

 Chasing the horizon I ran for the moon,

Like the winds that blow over the oceans.

Howling with all the power,

All my might

All the strength that was left within me.

Not looking at what lay around,

Stopping not for a moment, to breathe,

I ran.....like it was never enough.


The mirages shimmered 

Creating the perfect illusion

Of dreams coming true.

Of reaching the end of the world, 

Where the sun sets, and the moon rises.

Where stars lights up the nooks and corners of every boulevard

Like sequins, on a dark blue shawl.

Of some unknown happiness, that lies scattered.....

Way beyond my reach.

Chasing the horizon, I ran

With a dream to win over my destiny

To embrace the happiness of conquering myself.


And my words left me.....

In the meadows blooming with flowers

Pink and purple and white and crimson,

That danced to the winds, spilling their fragrance

To the butterflies, that happily played around.

In the lush green trees,

Where birds made their happy little homes

Filled with their musical banters.

My words left me, as I ran.....

Leaving those myriad of colours unseen

Leaving that beautiful cacophony unheard.

My ink spilled all over my way,

Leaving behind a trail of my tears, 

That could have been reborn as another epithet,

Had I stopped to caress them.


My words left me....like the autumn leaves

Leaving me alone, to the sapphire sky

To the crisp sharp winds

To the purple sunsets, and never ending nights.

And chasing the horizon, I ran for the moon

Like there was no tomorrow.

I ran.....I ran......

I ran, like I was never enough....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Within My Heart You Live...

Dear November...

Within the Grave.....