Before I Bid You Adieu....

 

Before I bid you adieu, O summer,

Let me soak in the last few strands of your warmth.

Before the grey takes over your sky…

All roaring and rumbling,

Drenching my streets and alleys with monsoon downpours

Let me drench in your crisp blue…

Wide…vast….mysterious…like the Universe it hides beyond.

Let your salty winds touch my face for one last time,

Before the green petrichor fills my soul.

Before it is time for you to leave

Let me be immersed in your last beautiful evening…

When the sun sets, playing with a myriad of colours.

When the cuckoo sings, filling every little void with her songs.

When the birds play in my water garden, before heading for home.

When the trees sway in relief…casting long dark shadows of their dark greeneries.

Let me take in the fragrance of the Arabian jasmines,

Blooming like stars, so near to the Earth,

As the curtains of my windows flutter in ecstasy

Dancing to the rhythm of your southern zephyr.

Let me live another warm, sultry afternoon, O Summer,

Laughing like the kid I once was.....overflowing with happiness,

Relishing ripe juicy mangoes, sweeter than the sweetest of honeys.

Let me stay awake for another night, 

Listening to the crickets, one last time,

Before the never ending monologue of the rains take over the calmness of the dark.

I’ll miss you, Summer, and I don’t know why…

May be, its all about the little things that I love,

That only you bring to me, from far away lands.

May be, its all about your aura of warmth and cheerfulness.

May be, it is the unspoken nostalgia...

The innocent childhood memories of the summer holidays and mandatory evening power cuts,

Of the simpler times, that won't ever return.

Or, may be….it is just my poetic heart,

That finds you too beautiful inspite of all your imperfections,

For reasons, best known to herself.

I know its time for you to take leave of me,

But before I bid you adieu, O summer,

Let me tell you that I’ll be waiting….

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Within My Heart You Live...

Dear November...

Within the Grave.....