Dear February...

 

Dear February,

Well, now that you are finally here, I couldn’t help but write out to you…and then, why not??? You have always been my favourite month since childhood. Is it just because you are my birthday month???...No. It’s way more than that.

Since my early childhood days, I used to eagerly wait for you to come back soon every year on the 28th of February…and trust me when I say this, but leap years make me extra happy even today…because, it gives me one extra day to spend with you. Why, February??

The funniest part is….just like you, even I don’t have the answers. May be…..its just your sunny sky that marks the end of the foggy days…or your warm cozy winds, that carry the scent of the salty blue ocean waters, creeping through the curtains of the southward windows that were long craving to flutter in happiness, melting in your arms after all these long cold lonely nights. May be….its all about how beautifully you call out to the spring in melodies known only to the birds…in songs that call out to the tender greeneries to wake up and bloom again, sending out warmth and love after days of abandonment. May be, its all about how you infuse a sense of hope within every heart…hope, of new beginnings…of warm sunny times after cold, austere winter….of longer days and beautiful sunsets. May be, you just carry the wind of love and positivity with you….and love reminds me, may be that is why they celebrate the Valentine’s day…the day of love with you.

See…that’s how beautiful you are…….how you touch every single soul with your warmth, and I just can’t stop but keep falling in love with you every single year…I just can’t stop badly wanting you to stay, even after knowing nothing lasts forever…and guess what, this is something you have taught me. I had always harboured a dislike for the winter…those chilling northern winds and somber foggy nights have always made me nothing less than depressed, but one day…you would come back, and fill my foggy window panes with light. You have no idea how desperately I’ve always waited for you during the seemingly never ending winter months…and how you have always rescued me….how you have always filled my heart with the hope that this too shall pass…how you have always whispered silently into my ears that if winter comes, spring can never be far behind…..and I can never thank you enough for the positive vibes you fill my world with.

You are the reason, February, why I had always held on, when I would have long given up…because you have taught me patience…the patience to wait…the patience to persevere…the patience to be hopeful about better days even through the toughest of times. You have taught me to be grateful…to appreciate change……to believe in new beginnings even after a messy end, because that’s what you are.

You are the change….a beautiful one. You are the end of everything dull and ochre. You are the new beginning of dreams and life. So full of life, so full of love…of hope……you are exactly how you were meant to be. I can’t help but appreciate every bit of you, and even when you leave, I’ll simply wait for you to come back…just like I’ve done through all these years. But now that you are here, for now, I’ll savour every moment, every second of your existence…breathing in your fragrance deep into my soul…dancing to your tunes….celebrating you as you come, little by little….and ofcourse, celebrating my birthday with you.

 Keep loving me, February…and keep filling my life with little bits of hope and happiness like you have always done.

Sincerely, your fangirl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Within My Heart You Live...

Dear November...

Within the Grave.....