The Autumn Leaf...

 As fragile as my dreams,

I let myself set afloat

In the gush of the Northern winds.

Into the skies,

That I had long longed to touch...

Into those cumulus clouds,

That made me dream of my home.... 

Into the cold chilly wind

That whispered promises of the love, 

that I was waiting for, all through these years...

And painted my ochre soul with a hue of green

like, nobody had ever done.

That filled my naive heart,

with poems and songs that I never knew existed. 


I was scared of letting go of my world

And I trembled, at his somber touch.

But he brought to me stories of the snowclad mountains,

Far away, in his land....

And he promised to take me there, someday.

He brought to me the enchanting fragrance of coral-jasmines,

And he promised to make me tiaras of the dewdrops

that glistened like diamonds on the tender blades of grasses.

He brought to me the warmth of the sun,

And adorned me with his golden aura.

And stealthily he crept into the depths of my heart,

Melting into my veins....

Like the pristine morning fog. 


And suddenly, I was another autumn leaf

Ready to elope with her beloved.

Letting go of all ties with the worldly life I had

I stepped into the unknown austerity of his world.

Letting go of my green, I dressed in saffron

As a tribute to the Love,

That I held on to more preciously than my God. 


And I drifted along with him,

Over gardens of jasmines and lilies

Where butterflies found their soulmates,

And birds found new songs.

Under the skies, 

Where dreams take the shapes of clouds

And stars play hide and seek.

I stared at awe at the world that I never knew

As I drifted......and drifted..........

And I drifted off to sleep in utter happiness.

.

.

.

Only to open my eyes to the golden rays of the morning sun,

that he used to speak of.

Veiled by a mysterious shroud of the October fog,

I could feel those glistening dew drops....

That were supposed to be my tiara someday.

A faint fragrance of coral-jasmine filled my wrecked heart

And one of those white starry flower fell upon my soulless body,

As if in condolence to my incomplete fate...

Or, to my love story that never even existed.

May be...she knew, how my beloved had left me

Breaking all his promises....

All my dreams.....

All of me.


And here I lay,

All alone.

Dried and wrecked, like the autumn leaf that I am..........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Within My Heart You Live...

Dear November...

Within the Grave.....