Dear April...

 

Dear April,

As I open my doors and windows to welcome you, you greet me with a gush of warmth….the warmth that was missing since all these days…..the warmth that carries the smell of salt with the winds from the seas….that carries the golden droplets of the summer sun…..that carries a myriad of colours from the flowers that bloom far and near…the yellow of the bees they entice…..the typical happy green of the fresh new leaves blushing in sunshine….the azure of the sky that is no longer scared of the dark clouds or the dull fogs.

 I sit down on my balcony chair with my cup of coffee, as you continue to cast your spells on the birds and the butterflies. And suddenly, everyone seems to be so happy…like they have been blessed with a new found joy…..with a new reason to smile…with a new season to celebrate!! Do you hear the cuckoo…..singing blissfully, perched on the mango tree of my garden?? I have never seen her this happy in all these months….and I have never heard a more beautiful song either. Who is she singing for, April?? And just look at the shimul tree just opposite the main road…..isn’t she looking gorgeous?? With her bunches of dark vermillion flowers, doesn’t she look like a pretty bride, all dressed up, waiting for her beloved to come back, after enduring the sweet pain of separation for all these months??

How do you do this, April?? How do you make everyone dance to your tunes?? Like the carefree mountain stream rippling down blissfully over the pebble strewn path….unaware of her yesterday…unaware of her tomorrow…..living her moment, playing with those fishes, flirting with the winds…glistening with happiness like she had no other worry……….how do you do this, April?? From where did you learn this trick of being so happy every single moment?? From where did you learn to spread so much happiness, so much colour?? How do you make the world feel so beautiful in its imperfections??

You know, when the setting sun paints the sky with hues of red, yellow, orange and purple…playing the last round of hide and seek with those feathery clouds before finally going to sleep, I can’t help staring at you with awe, drenched in the magic that you create. When your evening zephyr creeps down my curtains and fills my soul with the fragrance of wild jasmines, when the dark sky sprinkled with sequins of little stars, calls out to me to just take a look at her breathtakingly beautiful void……I can’t help but run out into my garden….leaving behind all my chores at hand, just to let Life seep in through my pores for a few moments. Closing my eyes, I find my heart beating to the rhythm of the song I had never known before….soaking in the long lost serenity, as ephemeral moments seem like the eternity, from where there is no coming back…where even words, metaphors and epithets do not exist…..where it is just me, and all of me, breathing in the ‘present’. How do you do this, April??

I’ve been asking you too many questions, right?? Well, I don’t need the answers to any of them…..because at times, the beauty of things lies in them remaining unanswered. You are a mystery, April, and I'll let you be that way. I’ll leave you alone...that is the best that I can do. I know, you too will leave when the time comes, but I won’t hold you back. I will soak in you within me till then as much as I can. I’ll keep a part of you safely hidden in my poetry, within the pages of my diary that nobody has ever cared to read…..and you know what, I’ll wait till you come back…..again…………..

Sincerely yours,

A wandering mind, in search of you.

Comments

  1. πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Within My Heart You Live...

Dear November...

Within the Grave.....